I’m usually not a traditional breakfast person. I would rather have what most consider lunch for breakfast most days. While I will fix my family pancakes and sausage, you can find me with a bowl of broccoli most mornings.
I have my days when I DO enjoy my pancakes and syrup (gluten-free and vegan of course), but isn’t very often. Since beginning my vegan journey and focusing on eating more of what my body wants, my breakfasts have never looked the same.
This dish is a peak into my morning cravings. It’s a delicious take on potato hash, which I love, but decided to try out a spin on it since I didn’t have any potatoes in my fridge at the time. It turned out awesome!
If you want to make sure that this dish will fit into your personal diet needs, be assured that this dish is:
It’s packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric, cauliflower, mushrooms and broccoli that promote a healthy gut-brain relationship. Most of all this bowl is delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 small yellow squash (diced)
- 2 large button mushrooms (diced)
- 1/4 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 green onion stalk (chopped)
- 1 small garlic clove (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/8 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- Pinch of fennel seeds
- Pinch of chipotle flakes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet and heat up on medium high heat.
- Put cauliflower, mushrooms, green onion and garlic to hot skillet and stir around.
- Add in all seasonings except for salt and pepper and let ingredients cook for about 3 minutes.
- Move ingredients around in skillet every so often to prevent them from burning.
- Next, add in frozen broccoli and stir to combine with rest of ingredients. Let cook for about 5 minutes stirring every so often.
- Test cauliflower and broccoli with a fork to see if they're fork tender.
- If they're done, remove ingredients from skillet. If not, let cook for another minute or two.
- Season skillet with salt to finish and enjoy.
Hi I’m Jasmine!
I’m so happy to meet you! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
I’m a SAHM, veteran army wife, women’s integrative wellness coach, writer and veggie lover. Most days you can find me spending time with family, homeschooling, cooking, walking in nature or browsing through the grocery store. My passion is to help women (like you) heal mentally, spiritually and physically from depression. That’s why I created this amazing mental health journal to guide you to recovery.
Don’t leave yet! Let’s hang out a little longer 🙂 Read more about me and my personal recovery story here.
The Get Real with Depression Wellness Guide
Your 20+ page mental and spiritual wellness guide to help you get to the root of those negative thoughts, get closer to God, and lead you onto a path of physical wellness. Sign up below to get it in your inbox!
*You won’t be spammed*