I’ve been indulging in sweet treats a lot lately. But I’ve have been focused recently on finding treats that have ingredients that are low in white, processed sugar and gluten free. Since my family loves to have a sweet treat in the evening after dinner, I had to figure out something to make that we could all enjoy.
So, I went on a search to find a cookie recipe that was quick, tasty and had ingredients I wanted to use. I stumbled on this cookie recipe and thought it was too good to be true. But after making it (twice!) I realized that it wasn’t!
This cookie recipe is one to keep forever. It has very few ingredients and yummy eaten warm right out of the oven. They’re unbelievably good! I made some tweaks to the original recipe, adding in some spices, and chocolate chips (which are optional, but highly recommended!), but the recipe is still quick and easy.
These cookies are:
They’re also vegan, gluten-free, and paleo.
I hope you enjoy them as much as our family did! And if you make them, let me know how you enjoyed them in the comments. Share this recipe with your friends and family too!
Chewy Almond Cookies
- 1 cup Almond Flour ((Not almond meal))
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbs. coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs chocolate chips (optional) (I used Enjoy Life brand.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add almond flour, spices, sugar, salt and baking powder to bowl and whisk until
- Next, add in almond milk and vanilla. Stir together with wooden spoon until dough
- If using chocolate chips, add in and mix until all chocolate chips are combined in
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough. Roll into a ball
in your hand and press into a 1-inch disk.
- Place disk on baking sheet and repeat rolling dough until all dough is used. Makes
about 10 cookies.
- Bake for about 12-18 minutes until cookies are brown on the bottom. They may still
be soft on top, but they will harden a little after cooking down.
- Let cookies cool for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
The Get Real with Depression Wellness Guide
Your 20+ page mental and spiritual wellness guide to help you get to the root of those negative thoughts, get closer to God, and lead to onto a path of physical wellness. Sign up below to get it now!
*You won’t be spammed*